Psychic Abilities refer to ways of knowing information through nonphysical means.
To clearly teach the basics, let’s get some definitions in order:
- “The Sixth Sense” can sometimes mean Intuition, Psychic Abilities, perceiving energy and spirits, precognition and other ways of knowing things without physically encountering information (hearing stuff, reading stuff, feeling stuff). It doesn’t have a very specific meaning except in certain schools that define it more narrowly.
- “Intuition” can be defined as “subconscious knowledge being represented symbolically or as an innate knowing of something without knowing how you know it.” This term softly blends with Clairsentience, Clairvoyance and the other Clairs (they’re such a lovely bunch) and can mean knowledge from past experience or psychic perceptions. To better discuss psychic abilities, we’re going to limit intuition to the subconscious part – though outside of this article the bleed-over of definitions for intuition and psychic abilities does exist.
- Psychic Abilities refer to perception more than actions, most of the time. Telekinesis, Aerokinesis, and psychic healing can be called psychic or mystical abilities – and here’s where we run into the first major principle of understanding a thing – which is an important first step before teaching the thing:
Psychic Abilities are nonphysical
Did I just repeat myself?
Yes, and for good reason.
Once you know how to open your third eye, you’ll be able to see and perceive energy. Opening your third eye, actively seeing through it, and sending information psychically, astrally or energetically (which are technically the same thing) are psychic acts.
Accessing pure information as vibration, and translating that info into visuals (clairvoyance), sounds (clairaudience) or words (clairsentience) are psychic traits involving your upper two chakras, with your fifth (throat chakra) essential in knowing the truth and accuracy of the information.
If your heart chakra is open and healthy, you’ll have a feeling associated with psychic information. The feeling often corresponds with the nature of the event.
For example, once I woke up at 4:44 am spontaneously, feeling huge amounts fear and apprehension. After a quick scan, I noticed that this wasn’t related to any triggers, memories, or fears about my life. I then checked my phone’s messages, figuring it likely (and knowing it a deep level, being clairsentient to a degree).
A text from the ex of my friend Nathan (renamed) said that he was on his deathbed in the hospital.
I said I’d come right away, and began preparing to leave.
The following events are part of incredible story regarding healing, karma and souls, and to offer them proper respect, this will be shared in a future Magic is Real book.
We all have psychic abilities, and are all clairsentient etc to a degree. Just like we can all do math and talk, accepting more extreme cases of unique bodies.
Thankfully, our spirits are nonphysical, and even if you are physically unable to speak, you can build your abilities to communicate telepathically.
Speaking of which, let’s get started with some basic instructions on how to develop your psychic abilities. Note that an ideal teaching requires multiple books, working with someone live (multiple private sessions, workshops, retreats, or a school) so you can get direct feedback and support.
I recommend you read how to open your third eye as it’s a prerequisite to strong psychic abilities.
Building off that article, a few pointers. Please remember these are guideposts – to achieve each properly would require most people a fair amount of study and practice.
- Choose a topic to focus your psychic abilities on. This will make it much easier to know your level of accuracy and depth. For example, if you are a healer, you’d be best served building the skills to pick up on diseases, wounds and energy blockages rather than, say, animal communication.
- Find a way of validating the information in the physical world. This is especially true for healers – and honestly, is an important factor in being responsible. Until you have had literally thousands of accurate readings, confirmed and with a level of accuracy significantly better than medical testing, follow up. Even when you are at this level, it’s still prudent to consider all avenues of obtaining information. You think you sense a tumor? Great – confirm that with an MRI.
- Practice your psychic abilities often. If you were learning chess, gymnastics or martial arts, you would need to invest time multiple times per week to develop quality, useful abilities at reasonable speed. I’d recommend, after an initial warm-up period, 30-60 minutes per session, twice a week. You can use the following protocol:
Psychic Abilities Bootcamp
It will be so much fun to have an actual bootcamp – and indeed, this is one of my plans. It will likely be opened in 2023, and if you would like to help accelerate the process, schedule a private workshop or even, or learn more, please contact me and we can plan a chat 🙂
Here’s a protocol you can follow in your 30-60 minute training sessions. As with many skills, what you put in is what you get out.
- Clear your mind with the method that suits you best. Paint, draw, journal by voicenote (very efficient), scream into a pillow, perform a cleansing meditation. Doesn’t matter what you do as long as you can silence those voices in your head – even just a little bit. For a great book to help with this (and realize it’s a journey), check out The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer.
- Get into a mild trance state. Binaural beats for theta brain waves can do wonders if you listen to them with quality headphones. This takes practice too, though if you relax your body, focus your mind, breathe rhythmically and let go, you can achieve it in under 20 minutes. An expert QHHT practitioner once took me into trance in about 5 minutes. This sub-skill also takes development, so be patient with yourself. Even 1% of a trance state (like a 1% quieter mind) is progress. Just aim for 2% tomorrow 😉
- Consider the topic you would like to access nonphysical information about. This should be chosen beforehand, ideally something you have no major emotional attachments to, nothing related to a time sensitive to-do list, and something neutral. All of these can change as you learn Witness Consciousness – let’s make it easy enough to learn the basics before we add complexity, yeah? 🙂
- Regard the topic in the way that feels most natural. An image if you’re a visual person, a sound or feeling if those are your primaries, etc. Don’t search; just picture, feel or hear the simplest representation of the topic. Relax, and allow information to come towards you.
- If after several minutes (or less if you’re also working on your patience) you don’t perceive anything, imagine a purple light shining behind the object and towards you. This can also be a stream of sound, closer proximity if you’re a feeler, etc. Attract and receive more information, and shift into a state of positive expectation that you will pick up what you need to know.
- Withhold all judgment.
- Repeat the information back to your guides, or the topic at hand. Wounds and souls can talk, as can trees and buildings: consciousness is in (and really, creates) all. Confirm what you perceive, allow it to be repeated if necessary. Ensure your perceptions are accurate and not distorted by any biases, desires or beliefs.
- When you are ready to end, record the information physically. You want to have something ready and next to you. If in a dark environment, have a voice recorder that you can simply press a button on, or an open app that can record with one click, your screen as dim as possible with the blue light filter on. Record as much detail as you can.
- Chill out and take care of yourself. This protocol can take up a lot of energy. You want to be alert and awake when you start, so decent blood sugar and no heavy meals or mood altering substances. Even if you think a certain substance may help, you will be developing a good habit if you learn to develop your psychic abilities while sober, so they aren’t state dependent and you don’t have to re-learn how to use them when sober at a future time of life. This way, you can rely on them.
Ground, center, eat, rest, go for a walk, talk with a positive and happy person, read or do something enjoyable. Forget about the whole thing.
10. Some time later – ideally after you’ve slept – regard the information. Consider it, and see how you feel about it. When you feel ready, seek out the physical validation.
Don’t judge yourself! The primary reason I offer for waiting is so you don’t get too critical. If you dug up a plant every day after planting it, you’re more likely to kill it than nurture it. Over time, you can validate right away, but when you are new to this, you don’t want anything hurting your confidence.
11. Remember your accuracy will grow over time. Some people are naturally gifted psychics; others take more training. Your accuracy depends on so many factors: Health, environment, stress, prior training and experience, nearby psychics, crystals, even moon phases!
Like a professional athlete, the better you get, the less circumstances matter. Be patient with yourself, and be scientific: before drawing any conclusions, get a good data set.
If you were training with me and committed for at least 4 months, I would not start examining the data for conclusive global evidence until after an entire month had past. Yes, we would work on your technique daily, but if you know anything about statistics or survey methodology, you’d understand that a sample size of 30 is puny. At 100, now we’re talkin.
12. Choose future topics that you really love. If you enjoy doing something – and if it’s useful to you, helping you achieve your life goals – you’re much more likely to keep doing it. This is true for exercise, diet, work, etc.
13. Have fun!
Mystical abilities are wonderful. They’re valuable, and they’re accessible. I hope this article helped you understand a bit more about psychic abilities, what they are and how to develop them.
If you’d like to continue your studies, you’ll love Wizard School, which is full of exercises, transmissions, and Magical Theory.
Thank you so much for your time. It is an honor to serve you.
I love you.
I believe in you.
We are one.